A Recipe and A Book Review

I know I don't usually post recipes on here, but this is one I couldn't resist -- it's easy and delicious. This one is from one of my favorite authors, Kathryn Mulderink, a homeschooling mom of seven children. She tells us that this is great for Potlucks, and that she is ALWAYS asked for the recipe for this one. ("And they look really impressed when I say the name and they think it's some sort of French cuisine ;-")

CASSOULET (a la CROCK POT)
I lrg onion, chopped (or frozen chopped onions)
3 carrots, thinly sliced (love my mandolin)
3 cloves garlic, minced 3 cans (15 oz)
Great Northern beans
1 TB tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 tsp crushed thyme pepper to taste
1 lb smoked sausage links, sliced
1/4 lb bacon, in 1 inch pieces

*optional: add 1 lb cubed chicken or pork Layer in order in slow cooker, without stirring. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with warm bread and salad or crudites.

To Sing You Must Exhale by Kathryn Mulderink -- my book review can be found here.

Comments

  1. Just reading that recipe makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean -- I had to have a snack while posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots